Design Technician Columbia, SCPosted On: October 4, 2023
Working with various production teams to plan, execute, and manage various aspects of the design process
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and more complex drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation if needed.
- Maintain notes, calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters) for future reference.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Must have excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Good math skills.
- Good active listening skills.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of metal shop work.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma.
- Knowledge of electronics and machine tools.
- Plus: Certification from accredited technical school.
- Plus: Associate’s degree in CNC programming, a computer-related field or a mechanical field.
- Time is spent in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Time is spent in front of a computer screen keyboarding and manipulation a mouse.
- Must be willing to visit manufacturing warehouses to observe equipment in action.
- Must be willing to work in areas with high levels of noise such as plants or design departments.