Assistant Estimator Columbia, SCPosted On: January 26, 2023
To assist Lead Estimator in preparation of client’s requests for pricing of product
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Estimate signage using ERP system to compile raw materials and labor hours for product pricing in accordance with the client’s brand standards set by the Design Department.
- Procure subcomponent quotes from Suppliers and Sub-Contractors.
- Calculate packaging and delivery costs of signage for domestic and international projects.
- Coordinate with Project Management and Sales teams to ensure estimates for each project are completed on time
- Organize and maintain electronic copies of quotes and estimates for each project.
- Assist in implementation of “better information flow” between Estimating and Design/Drawings/Purchasing. Decrease instances of products being manufactured differently than quoted. Decrease “double work” of other departments on research of products/pricing Estimating has already procured.
- Assist in downloading and printing electronically submitted RFQ packages
- Create job details for projects going into production ensuring materials and flow of labor operations are accurate based on drawings by the Design Department.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills on the phone and face to face
- Ability to read construction drawings