Vinyl Production Specialist Columbia, SCPosted On: January 26, 2023
Principal duties and responsibilities:
As a Vinyl Production Specialist, you will be engaged in all aspects of the physical production of signs, which includes preparing substrates and applying vinyl and according to written instructions and under general direction.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
Attention to detail a must. Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa). Be able to read a ruler. Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high quality work. Able to work well with a team or unsupervised. Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Current sign industry Vinyl/Print production experience REQUIRED
- High degree of responsiveness and initiative
- Must be very detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Must have a thorough knowledge of:
- 3M and Orafoll vinyl’s
- Rigid substrates (such acrylic, aluminum and ACM)
- Roll material application and handling
- Must have experience installing signs and vinyl graphics.
- Strong working knowledge and application of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Previous experience required working in a fast past prepress/graphic design department
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task dozens of jobs at a time
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- This position requires great attention to detail, ability to prioritize, excellent organizational and communication skills as well as an ability to juggle multiple tasks at any given time to successfully perform this job.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Work overtime when necessary. Overtime is a condition of employment.