Electrician Columbia, SCPosted On: January 26, 2023
Read blueprints or technical diagrams. Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems. Inspect electrical components, identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices. Place wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to read blueprints
- Use measuring devices in construction or extraction work
- Adhere to safety procedures
- Analyze operation of malfunctioning electrical or electronic equipment
- Construct or fabricate electrical parts or fixtures
- Install electrical conduit, tubing, fixtures or components
- Install lead-in wires to control boxes and other components
- Install/connect electrical equipment to power circuit
- Install/string electrical or electronic cable or wiring
- Repair electronic components, equipment, or systems
- Repair or replace electrical wiring, circuits, fixtures, or equipment
- Splice electric cable
- Test electrical/electronic wiring, equipment, systems or fixtures
- Test electronic or electrical circuit connections
- Replace electronic components
- Fabricate, assemble, or disassemble manufactured products by hand
- Bend tubing or conduit
- Read tape measure
- Use electrical or electronic test devices or equipment
- Use hand or power tools
- All additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma/GED required – prior experience in the electrical trade
- Ability to work well on a team
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation for illuminated signage
- Good general health with good balance, agility, vision, and depth perception.
- Ability to twist, stretch, push, pull, lift on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Climb on units and/or ladders.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.